Sends ICMP packets fully customized from command line.
SING stands for 'Send ICMP Nasty Garbage'. It is a tool that sends ICMP packets fully customized from command line. Its main purpose is to replace the ping command but adding certain enhancements (Fragmentation, spoofing,...)
- Send fragmented packets (Linux and BSD).
- Send monster packets > 65534 (Linux and BSD).
- Send/read IP spoofed packets.(Libpcap included in distribution).
- Send/read Ethernet spoofed packets.(Libnet included in distribution).
- Send many ICMP Information types in addition to the ECHO REQUEST type sent by default as Address Mask Request, Timestamp, Information Request, Router Solicitation and Router Advertisement.
- Send many ICMP error types: Redirect, Source Quench, Time Exceeded, Destination Unreach and Parameter Problem.
- Send to host with Loose or Strict Source Routing.
- Use fingerprinting techniques to discover remote OOSS.
- Send ICMP packets emulating certain OS: Cisco, Solaris, Linux, Shiva, Unix and Window$ at the moment.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added a better timestamp reply support including non-UT timestamps (marking with a '*')
- MAC spoofing support
- Libnet included in distribution.
- Parser totally recoded