Revelation is a password manager for the GNOME 2 desktop, released under the GNU GPL license.
Revelation is a password manager for the GNOME 2 desktop. Revelation program stores all your accounts and passwords in a single, secure place, and gives you access to it through a user-friendly graphical interface.
- Secure storage of passwords - uses an AES-encrypted XML data file with Cipher Block Chaining and compression for randomization.
- Uses a tree-structure for organizing accounts, making it easy to handle a large number of accounts.
- Support for importing data from / exporting data to foreign file formats. Currently supported: Figaro's Password Manager, GNOME Password Manager (gpass), .netrc, XML, and plain text
- Can access remote files via gnome-vfs
- Has many different account types, covering the most common ones: creditcard, crypto key, database, door lock, email, ftp, generic, phone, shell, and website
- GNOME-integrated; uses the gnome session manager, the gnome icon theme, gnome-vfs, gconf, and registers file mimetype info for Nautilus.
- User-friendly: Drag/drop of entries, unlimited undo/redo good clipboard usage, HIG-compliant user interface, and more
- Account search
- Built-in password generator and password strength checker
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version adds a new file encryption format using PBKDF2 and warns users using the old format about its insecurity.
- It also updates translations.