Revelation is a password manager for the GNOME 2 desktop. Revelation program stores all your accounts and passwords in a single, secure place, and gives you access to it through a user-friendly graphical interface.
Here are some key features of "Revelation":
· Secure storage of passwords - uses an AES-encrypted XML data file with Cipher Block Chaining and compression for randomization.
· Uses a tree-structure for organizing accounts, making it easy to handle a large number of accounts.
· Support for importing data from / exporting data to foreign file formats. Currently supported: Figaro's Password Manager, GNOME Password Manager (gpass), .netrc, XML, and plain text
· Can access remote files via gnome-vfs
· Has many different account types, covering the most common ones: creditcard, crypto key, database, door lock, email, ftp, generic, phone, shell, and website
· GNOME-integrated; uses the gnome session manager, the gnome icon theme, gnome-vfs, gconf, and registers file mimetype info for Nautilus.
· User-friendly: Drag/drop of entries, unlimited undo/redo good clipboard usage, HIG-compliant user interface, and more
· Account search
· Built-in password generator and password strength checker
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version adds a new file encryption format using PBKDF2 and warns users using the old format about its insecurity.
· It also updates translations.