Provisioner is a free (GPL licensed) software component aimed at reducing user's identity and service provisioning costs and complexity in heterogeneous computing environments.
Identity and service provisioning is a concept that drives automation, especially in terms of providing fulfillment to customers of internet, application and telecommunication service providers (i.e. ISPs, ASPs, TSPs).
At the heart of the provisioning software component is a collection of features required to create, delete, suspend, restore, change and reconcile accounts and/or service subscriptions. As the number of people accessing applications and data increases, attempting to track who has access to what becomes ever more complex.
The process of managing these access rights can function as a business enabler or business road-block. Unfortunately, most enterprises are discovering that their existing paper-based procedures, requiring intensive manual involvement, are road-blocks.
Provisioner can be thought as a building block service that provides low-level capabilities that can be consumed by developers when building a composite application and it can also be thought as an attached service that applications leverage to add functionality.
Here are some key features of "Provisioner":
· LDAPv3 provisioning service targets support
· SSH2 provisioning service targets support
· Telnet provisioning service targets support
· SQL requesting authorities support
· SOAP provisioning service targets support
· Configurable routing rules
· Configurable business rules
· Multithreading processing
· Internationalization (Only English and Deutch partially implemented at the moment)
· Pre-integrated vendor-specific adaptors for VoIP, Email, Voicemail and IMS application servers
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Implemented localization (i.e. I8n). martin-m
· Implemented LDAP adapter. Now Provisioner is able to send provisioning requests to LDAP based identity stores. g_pearson
· Fixed problem with the parameter that set the maximum amount of threads to run. Fixes 1812548 . gespert