PAC is a replacement software for Putty or SecureCRT, built with GNOME, GTK and Perl.
1: Download from Pac Manager sourceforge's project download page:
'libgnome2-vte-perl_0.09-1_i386.deb' or 'libgnome2-vte-perl_0.09-1_amd64.deb' files depending on: (goto step 2)
2: Depending on your architecture, install:
a) 32 Bit Intel/AMD ==> libgnome2-vte-perl_0.09-1_i386.deb
b) 64 Bit Intel/AMD ==> libgnome2-vte-perl_0.09-1_amd64.deb
3: Finally, install pac-0.2-all.deb
Now you can take a look at your Gnome's menu under "Applications" -> "Internet" -> "PAC", or type 'pac' in your terminal.
Here are some key features of "PAC":
· Simple GUI to manage/launch connections to remote machines.
· Scripting possibilities, 'ala' SecureCRT
· Configurable [Pre|Post]-connection local commands execution.
· Configurable list of macros (commands) to send to connected client.
· Configurable list of macros (commands) to execute locally when connected.
· Configurable list of conditional executions on connected machine via 'Expect': . forget about SSH certificates . chain multiple ssh connections . automate tunnels creation . with line-send delay capabilities!! etc...
· Ability to connect to machines through a Proxy server!
· CLUSTER connections.
· TABBED/WINDOWED terminals
· Wake On LAN capabilities
· Local and Global variables, eg.: write down a password once, use it ANY where, centralizing its modification for faster changes! use them for: . password vault . reusing connection strings
· Seamless Gnome/Gtk integration.
· Tray icon for 'right button' quick launching of managed connections. Screenshots and statistics!
· DEB, RPM and .TAR.GZ packages available
· Written in Perl/Gtk (wait, *is* that a feature? Well, it is for me!
· It is FREE (as in freedom)!! and licensed under GNU GPLv3.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for non UTF-8 encodings in KeePass!!
· Added the possibility to have BOTH "rdesktop" and "xfreerdp" connectors at the same time, allowing user to choose which one to use! :)
· Added the possibility to "EMBED" RDP windows when using 'xfreerdp' (only tested/working on Ubuntu/Unity). It doesn't always honour the "-X" option :(
· Added the possibility to "EMBED" VNC when using 'xtightvnc' (only tested/working on Ubuntu/Unity). It doesn't always provide/honour the embedding option :(
· Added an option to not cipher text when exporting connections (more compatibility when importing from another machine)
· Added "" PAC variable to choose a value from KeePass given a source and a Perl Regular Expression ( i.e: here, '^.*local\d+$' is the Perl Regular Expression )!!
· Added command line option "--start-uuid=[:]"
· Added command line option "--edit-uuid=" to start PAC directly editting a connection
· Added command line option "--start-script=" to start given script directly on PAC startup
· Added command line option "--quick-conn" to start 'Quick Connect' GUI dialog on PAC startup
· Added command line option "--preferences" to start 'Preferences' GUI dialog on PAC startup
· Added conneciton's "UUID" information on Advanced options of connections
· Added right-click populate menu to "Private key" authentication method for both User and Passphrase
· Added an option to start/stop automatic string sending from right-click submenu on connections
· Changed KeePassX infer behavior to allo using a Regular Expression to match against a Title
· Changed PAC behavior when no Gnome2 or Unity are available, allowing user to activate PAC's tray icon
· Fixed some bugs with TigerVNC authentications
· Fixed a bug with remote RDP forwardings not being correctly saved
· Fixed a bug tha tprevented starting RDP terminals with 'xfreerdp' under some circumstances
· Fixed a bug with private SSH file not being correctly saved
· Other minor code changes / improvements