NuFW is an authentication firewall suite.
Practically, this means security policies can integrate with the users directory, and bring the notion of user ID down to the IP layers.
- Authenticate any connection that goes through your gateway or only from/to a chosen subset or a specific protocol.
- Perform accounting, routing and quality of service based on users and not simply on IPs.
- Filter packets with criterium such as application and OS used by distant users.
- Be the key of a secure and simple Single Sign On system.
- Scalable : NuFW is composed of two daemons that can be put on different systems and the main daemon is heavily multithreaded.
- Modular : User authentication and Access control list verification are performed via loadable module (system, ldap, dbm, plaintext modules are provided). User activity logging can be done via syslog, mysql or postgresql.
- Open : NuFW is released under the GNU GPL licence v2 and all protocols are fully documented.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- log_mysql: don't over stress nuauth after DOS mode (Eric Leblond)
- libnuclient: fix memory leak. (Eric Leblond)
- nuauth: avoid double logging of some packets (Eric Leblond)
- nussl: add support for several CA certificates in one PEM file (Pierre Chifflier)