Metasploit Community Edition 4.1
Simplifies network discovery and vulnerability verification for specific exploits, increasing the effectiveness of vulnerability scanners such as Nexpose - for free.
Cyber criminals are successful in penetrating networks of enterprises and government agencies every day, creating huge security and compliance issues.
Metasploit Community Edition simplifies network discovery and penetration testing spot-checks with specific exploits, increasing the effectiveness of vulnerability scanners such as Nexpose - for free.
Importing third-party vulnerability scanner reports, it helps prioritize remediation and eliminates false positives, increasing productivity and providing true security risk intelligence. Defenders can demonstrate the impact of vulnerabilities to IT operations to obtain buy-in for remediation.
The only way to tackle the increasing information security burden is to share knowledge between practitioners, open source projects, and commercial vendors. Following this school of thought, Metasploit Community is a combination of the open source Metasploit Framework and Rapid7's commercial development. Serving as the open core of the solution, the Metasploit Framework is the result of the collaboration of a global community of security researchers and exploit developers.
Metasploit Community is free to use, even for enterprises. By offering an easy upgrade path to the commercial editions, Metasploit Express and Metasploit Pro, Metasploit scales with your needs to provide enterprise features and support.
- Get started more quickly: The graphical user interface makes it much easier to get started with vulnerability verification and security assessments than command-line based alternatives.
- Map out your network: Identify hosts, scan for open ports and fingerprint the operating systems and services.
- Integrate with vulnerability scanners: Import scan data from Nexpose, Nmap and other solutions. Nexpose scans can also be initiated directly from within Metasploit Community Edition.
- Find the right exploit: Metasploit includes the world's largest database of quality-assured exploits. Search for exploit and auxiliary modules in a full text search and browse exploits by module type, operating system, disclosure type, CVE, BID, and OSVDB. Each module includes a reliability ranking, indicating its typical success rate and impact on the target system.
- Spend less time fixing vulnerabilities: Metasploit Community Edition enables you to verify which vulnerabilities are actually exploitable and must be remediated - and which ones don't. This increases productivity and reduces the cost of a vulnerability management program - and helps prevent data breaches.
- Get buy-in from asset owners: Demonstrating that a vulnerability can be exploited is the best way to convince application owners to remediate an issue.
- Verify remediation: Verify if remediation was successful in stopping an exploit to verify that a vulnerability has indeed been fixed.
- Start with any security budget: Metasploit Community Edition is free to use - even for enterprises. You can even use Metasploit to convince your management to increase the security budget by demonstrating to them how easy it is to get unauthorized access to the systems.
- Upgrade when your needs change: Should you ever need more functionality or enterprise-level support, you can leverage the expertise you built with Metasploit Community Edition and upgrade to Metasploit Pro if you require more functionality