Keep It Secret! Keep It Safe! (KisKis) is an easy-to-use password manager written in JAVA. So it runs on any platform with an appropriate Java-Virtual-Machine available (Windows, Linux, Solaris, ...).
It allows the user to manage passwords for many different purposes such as
network or internet accounts, credit-card-pin-numbers and password-secured-files. The accounts can be grouped hierarchically within a tree structure.
Each account can be described by multiple attributes (user name, URL, ...) and comments. The history of each password change can be tracked. Users can define their own account templates. Multiple file-attachments can be added to each account.
All passwords are stored in a single XML-file encrypted by a single "master- password". The encryption algorithm suffices the OpenPGP-standard, so you can verify the implementation with GPG or PGP. That means: You don't just have to believe me that your secrets are kept safe.
New passwords can be generated automatically in two distinct ways. The first is a secure approach generating totally randomized passwords, the second generates much more readable passwords.
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
· Password quality is now checked with cracklib.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [Feature 3089207] Filter search results in treeview
· [Feature 3089137] Hide tree-items
· [Feature 3089923] Make password font configurable. Default is "Monospaced".
· [Feature 3089160] Show filename in password dialog
· [Feature 1542646] Upgrade to bouncycastle.org OpenPGP-lib 1.45, AES256 and Twofish
· [Feature 3091774] Add a nice "progress bar" as password quality display
· [Feature 1543595] Option to display the master password
· [Feature 3093632] New document should come up with standards
· [Feature 3093635] Add SimplePasswordAccount (as a simple template available)
· [Feature 3093634] Add MULTILINE_TEXT to templates
· [Feature 3093636] Add card validation number to CreditCard
· [Feature 3093637] Improve installer. Cryptographic algorithms will be checked.
· [Feature 3101608] Check masterpasswords quality.
· [Bug 1886794] Are you sure to want to quit is wrong => FIXED
· [Bug 3088703] A groups comment is missing if group was copied
· [Bug 3089132] Drag & Drop - Tree-Items will be moved correctly
· [Bug 3089214] Update of elements view counter does mark document as dirty
· [Bug 3089916] Optionsdialog always notifies user of changes
· [Bug 3090450] LRU-files are disabled if an external storage is used
· [Bug 1542854] Export to XHTML, XML will not work
· [Bug 1832740] When copy group or item with attachments for another group, the attachment is lost
· New project structure
· Moved to Java 6. Java 4 and Java 5 are no longer supported.
· Moved to AspectJ 1.6.9
· Moved to IzPack installer 4.3.3
· Deprecated DTD. Moved to XSD and XML namespaces.