Javeau is a small tool meant to provide an easy way to create and use encrypted directories, using strong cryptography and a simple interface. Works under Java 6.
Data stored in these folders are encrypted and safe (using 256 bit encryption); they can be accessed only by you - providing the password you used to create the folder - and their integrity is checked to prevent data tampering.
The application sports a convenient file-manager-like interface, is very fast and small (less than 100k!) and it's completely cross-platform: you can access your encrypted storage anywhere you can run a Java VM. Great for USB drives!
What's New in This Release:
· This second release focuses on robustness.
· The random number generator is seeded with true randomness from www.randomnumbers.info if an Internet connection is available.
· The application locks a secure folder on access to prevent concurrent modifications.
· A backup of the index file is created when saving, for added robustness.
· Many minor UI fixes have been made.