JPasswords 0.5.0 / 0.6.1 RC2
JPasswords is a password management program with encrypted databases.
Password entries may be ordered within groups (which can be nested) and displayed in tree or in table view. Upon retrieval of a password, the program assists you by a "copy to clipboard" function to make password or username quickly available in other applications. Several useful service functions around file management, like copy, merge, backup and restore, make this program a pleasure to use.
The format and encryption method for the database file is compatible with "Password Safe" (Version 2) files as created by CounterPane's (Bruce Schneier) program of the same name.
Here are some key features of "JPasswords":
· Maximum passphrase length: undefined
· Text and passphrase formatting: Unicode, platform- and locale-independent (not for file access key which is formatted on the local charset)
· Maximum number of records: limited by given user environment space (main memory or disk space)
· Encryption algorithm: Blowfish CBC (Bruce Schneier), 8-byte block modification scheme; complete regeneration with every save action
· File access shield: SHA-1, Blowfish EBC
· Data security: automatic backup, manual backup and restore
· Data communication: can export and import records over CSV format (RFC-4180 or spreadsheet)
· Application security: automatic program locking (idle time and minimize), manual program locking, covered text storage
· Passwords: automatic random password generation under various aspects
· GUI Languages: English, German, Russian, French
· JRE 1.4.2 or better
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.6.1 RC2
- This version adds drag-and-drop for JVM 6, bugfixes, password generation in file setup, improved file mirroring, text editor keys, a free floating command bar (entry editor), display blindfolding, auto-copy of a password when starting a URL, and more.