A platform independent random password generator for generating strong passwords for different applications.
Here are some key features of "JPassGen":
· It can generate passwords of variable length & in variable quantity.
· Generated passwords can be easily copied to the clipboard or saved as a file for later use.
· Repetition of characters in passwords can be prevented.
· Alphabets (Uppercase & Lowercase), numerals & special characters can be used in combination to generate strong passwords.
· User specified characters or symbols can also be used.
· Settings can be saved.
A good password must be at least 10 characters long, must contain both lower and upper case letters and special characters such as numbers or special characters like "$%?!"/()".
Some special characters have special purpose assigned to them in certain systems. In that case the user should not use that characters in their passwords.
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5 or later
INSTRUCTIONS TO RUN JPassGen
Extract the zip file contents to a directory and execute the JPassGen.jar file.
In terminal window, it can be done by the following command
java -jar JPassGen.jar
executed from the directory in which JPassGen.jar file is present.
Also, the lib directory containing the AbsoluteLayout.jar file and swing layout-1.0.jar file must be present in the same directory in which JPassGen.jar file is present for the program to run.