F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper is a high-performance and fully automated antivirus solution for e-mail and Web traffic at the Internet Gateway supporting HTTP, SMTP, FTP and POP protocols. It can be deployed as a transparent proxy.
Viruses, trojans, worms, spyware and other malware can enter an organization’s network from multiple directions. E-mail is perhaps the most common way of spreading viruses but many web sites today are also vectors for programs including harmful and malicious content. With file sharing and downloading also as very common practises, users may expose themselves to trojans, viruses and other type of harmful code. In addition to spreading viruses, unwanted e-mail, broadly speaking, spam creates productivity losses, security concerns and legal liability risks.
F-Secure Internet Gatekeeper for Linux provides a high-performance solution at the Internet gateway, stopping viruses and other malicious code before it spreads to end users’ desktops and to corporate servers. The product is able to scan SMTP, HTTP, FTP and POP3 traffic for viruses, worms and trojans as well as block and filter out specified file types. Also ActiveX and Java code can be scanned or blocked. The product automatically and securely receives updates from F-Secure, keeping virus protection always up to date. A powerful and easy to use web-based management console simplifies installation and configuration of the product.
Here are some key features of "F Secure Internet Gatekeeper":
· High performance and reliability combined with low TCO
· Virus protection for e-mail (SMTP and POP), web traffic (HTTP) and file transfers (FTP)
· Stops unwanted content based on file type
· Decrypt and scan encrypted zip files stopping encrypted viruses such as Bagle
· Spam filtering, SMTP and POP Real-time Black List (RBL) and filtering by e-mail subject
· E-mail filtering using spam identification headers
· Can be deployed as transparent proxy server
· Authentication, “POP before SMTP" authentication supported
· Easy to use local or remote management
· Automatic virus definition updates
Supported Platforms and Languages:
· RedHat 6.0 or later (including 7.x, 8.x and 9.x)
· RedHat Enterprise Linux (AS(Advanced Server)/ES/WS 2.1/3.0)
· SuSE 6.2 or later
· 30 days evaluation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Better malware scanning capabilities and performance improvements using
· F-Secure's new -Aquarius scanner engine. This New engine provides an outstanding level of protection and
· Fast automatic updates to the anti-virus databases.
· Improved spam detection capabilities.
· New spam detection engine is on by default if spam scanning is enabled, and can be
· configured through the Web User Interface.
· A Debian package (.deb) is now available for the supported Debian-based
· distributions (Debian, Ubuntu).