F-Prot GUI 0.6
F-Prot GUI is a graphical user interface for great (and free for individual users) command line antivirus called F-Prot.
F-Prot GUI is a very simple script but not featureless, I hope it will be useful.
For home users using the Linux open-source operating system, we offer F-Prot Antivirus for Linux Workstations. F-Prot Antivirus for Linux Workstations utilizes the renowned F-Prot Antivirus scanning engine for primary scan but has in addition to that a system of internal heuristics devised to search for unknown viruses
F-Prot Antivirus for Linux was especially developed to effectively eradicate viruses threatening workstations running Linux. It provides full protection against macro viruses and other forms of malicious software - including Trojans.
Here are some key features of "F Prot GUI":
· Scans for over 314168 known viruses and their variants
· Ability to perform scheduled scans when used with the cron utility
· Scans hard drives, CD-ROMS, diskettes, network drives, directories and specific files
· Scans for images of boot sector viruses, macro viruses and Trojan Horses
· Perl and some perl modules needed for check-updates.pl (read manual)