Engine_pkcs11 is an implementation of an engine for OpenSSL. Engine_pkcs11 project can be loaded using code, config file or command line and will pass any function call by openssl to a PKCS#11 module.
Engine_pkcs11 is meant to be used with smart cards and software for using smart cards in PKCS#11 format, such as OpenSC. Originaly this engine was a part of OpenSC, until OpenSC was split into several small projects for improved flexibility.
OpenSC was written by an international team and is licensed as Open Source software under the new BSD license.
Engine_pkcs11 is based on the Libp11 library.
What's New in This Release:
· The wiki export script was updated.
· Some dead code was disabled.
· The maximum length for a pin is now 32 bytes.
· Internal variables and code are now static.
· The slot is now also parsed as hex.
· Support for selecting slots by label was added.