Endian Firewall Community description
This project provides a turn-key Linux security distribution based on IPCop and Red Hat
Endian Firewall Community is an open source Linux firewall operating system that has been designed with "usability in mind" and is very easy to install, use and mange, without loosing its flexibility.
Endian Firewall Community features a stateful packet inspection firewall, application-level proxies for variuos protocols (HTTP, POP3, SMTP) with antivirus support, virus and spamfiltering for email traffic (POP and SMTP), content filtering of Web traffic and a "hassle free" VPN solution (based on OpenVPN).
The main advantage of Endian Firewall is that it is a pure "Open Source" solution that is commercially supported by Endian.
Endian Firewall Community includes the following modules: Base, Advanced Antivirus, VPN Gateway, and Web Content Filter. It is distributed as a single installable ISO image, supporting both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
- Web Security:
- HTTPS filtering
- E-mail Security:
- SMTP Proxy: Domain Management
- SMTP Delivery Status Notification configuration
- Virtual Private Networking:
- Encryption: Null, 3DES, CAST-128, AES 128/192/256-bit,
- Blowfish 128/192/256-bit, Twofish 128/192/256-bit,
- Serpent 128/192/256-bit, Camellia 128/192/256-bit
- Hash algorithms: MD5, SHA1, SHA2 256/384/512-bit, AESXCBC
- Support for TUN mode
- Connections page for VPN users
- User Management & Authentication:
- User management for OpenVPN
- Integrated certificate authority
- External certificate authority support
- User password and certificate management (two-factor authentication)
- Logging and Reporting:
- Live network traffic monitoring (powered by ntopng)
- System status graphs are not lost at every reboot
- Images for SMTP mail statistics graphs
- Miscellaneous fixing and improvements:
- Serial port speed is now always set to 115200bps
- Fixed password changing from the console menu
- Sanitized logs