ESET NOD32 Antivirus offers one of the best anti-virus solution for your Linux desktop.
Desktop Linux distributions have surged in popularity on netbooks and low-cost office terminals. Linux has won for its fast startup time, low systems requirements and cost efficiency relative to popular platforms like Windows and Mac OS X.
Whether you use your Linux desktop to surf the Web or work on shared office documents, it is vulnerable to direct attacks by malware or may be targeted as a carrier for cross-platform viruses and other threats designed to target Windows and Macs. Network shares, email and removable media like USB keys are easy ways for multiplatform malware to spread under the radar.
Any fast-growing platform attracts the attention of cybercriminals and malware authors looking to profit from a community without robust antivirus protection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux Desktop brings to the Linux community benefits that Windows users have trusted in and depended on: the smart proactive detection and small footprint of our ThreatSense technology. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 will keep you and your network safe from emerging Linux and cross-platform threats without system slowdowns. Advanced heuristic technology recognizes and nullifies novel threats while other AV solutions are still waiting hours or days for signature updates.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix: non-functional links in help on RedHat distribution
· Fix: cannot open GUI while protocol windows are opened
· Fix: cannot set the middle level of cleaning of found infiltrations
· Fix: notification windows displayed incorrectly
· Fix: added scan summary info when using context menu scan
· Fix: issues with „Default“ buttons
· Fix: missing help icons in settings windows
· Fix: issues with scheduled scan causing shutdown of GUI
· Fix: possibility to set the empty value or path in exclusions settings
· Fix: issues with buttons in some distributions
· Fix: issues with text indenting and individual objects within GUI
· Fix: issues with scan not starting even after specifying exact path to object of scanning
· Fix: issues with uninstallation and context menu options
· Added: technical support form
· Added: blocking of removable media (USB, CD/DVD, firewire)
· Added: checking of incorrect file path when submitting files for analysis
· Added: new scanning option: drag&drop files onto program desktop icon
· Added: default exclusions in ThreatSense.Net scanning settings
· Enhancement: optimization of progress bar during on-demand scanning