AVIRA AntiVir MailGate was design to smooth data exchange through a high speed profile for checking both incoming and outgoing emails.
Companies incline to settle on Unix servers at a greater extent than ever before. Corporate networks include a high number of Windows workstations and Windows users generally employ the Unix servers for their e-mail exchange. Recently, the Windows environment is increasingly aimed by virus writers through e-mail malware. This leads to a larger need of reliable protection at gateway level, so that infected e-mails do not reach any Windows workstation.
AVIRA AntiVir MailGate is a Unix-dedicated solution, able to reliably handle e-mail filtering against malicious contents, scanning the entire traffic (to and from the Internet, as well as the internal traffic), by checking the incoming and outgoing SMTP connections directly on the mail server.
AVIRA AntiVir MailGate acts as an SMTP gateway with a diversity of Mail Transport Agents (such as: Sendmail, Postfix, Exim, Qmail and many others), or as a plug-in application with Postfix, Exim and Sendmail-Milter.
It runs on common Linux Distributions - Red Hat, SuSE, Debian, Mandrake, Fedora, Gentoo, Slackware, etc, FreeBSD 4.x / 5.x and OpenBSD 3.4 or newer. This solution also supports Access Control Lists, when running in the gateway mode.
MailGate’s ability to run as a plug-in for Postfix, Exim and Sendmail-Milter offers top scanning speeds and better scalability comparing to the usual mail gateway configurations. The product does not use additional mail queues and the message content is not duplicated for scanning. Moreover, it ensures that the infected messages are isolated in the quarantine directory.
Integrated, cross-platform protection
Reliable, extremely powerful AntiVir technology with leading multi-awardwinning detection performance
Fast reaction to new dangers through our own malware research center
Time-saving and therefore increased security through early outbreak detection
Effective protection against spam attacks (optionally available)
Extremely low administration costs through automated workflows and central management
Intuitive operation without long, expensive training times
All licenses incl. free updates, upgrades and 14 day installation support
High investment security
Fast, resource-saving scanning technology which reduces the load on servers and networks existing systems can therefore be used for a longer time
Transparent licensing designed to meet requirements without hidden cost
Free platform change to new or alternative operating systemsProduct's homepage
Here are some key features of "AVIRA AntiVir MailGate":
· Scanning of all incoming and outgoing or internally sent emails in real-time.
· Recursive scanning of all email attachments, even of those in compressed form (archives).
· Automatic placing of unknown archive formats and infected or suspicious files in quarantine.
· Support of all conventional Linux distributions and MTAs such as QMail, Postfix, Exim and Sendmail.
· Native integration of the new Avira AntiVir Engine (AVE 2)
· 15-20 % faster performance
· Extremely small, bandwidth-saving updates of virus definitions through incremental VDF update.
· Fast, seamless protection through updates without system interruption.
· Efficient configuration and administration
· Individual system adaptation to company specifications.
· Central configuration, monitoring and control of the system.
· Add-on email address filter.
· Comprehensive protocol, statistics and report functions.
· Linux Kernel
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment