Snake is an experimental algorithm for exchanging information in a dynamic growing network, where a sender and receiver must stay synchronized despite the changing distance. snake5 is a communication algorithm for exchanging information between nodes in a dynamic changing network
· Update speed and frequency
· Listen to a node in the signal mode
· Sliders changing appearance in the topology mode
· Stretch folding animation (YES/NO)
· Draw lines between the nodes (YES/NO)
· Makes the nodes twiddle (visualize data in a node)
Press 't' to switch to the signal mode. You see the wavelet table over time from octave 0 (top) to octave 11 (bottom). The red signal indicates the current folding-distance (odist).
Wait until the signals in all the different octaves (vertical) become stable and repetitive. At that point the system has 'learned' the pattern.
Now increase the distance of sender and receiver using folding ('+' and '-'). The signal stays stable, despite the increased distance (*). If the signal quality should degrade then decrease the distance again by folding or wait until the system stabilizes itself.