A minimalistic scientific plotter and run-time visualization module
from dolfin import *
# Plot a mesh
mesh = UnitCube(16, 16, 16)
# the following code is out of date!
# Plot a scalar function
u = Function("poisson.xml")
# Plot a vector function as a displacement field
d = Function("elasticity.xml")
# Save as png
p = plot(mesh)
# Save as VTK
p = plot(u)
Viper depends on VTK with Python support.
- Light-weight and minimalistic
- Extended keybindings
- Save as png, VTK
- 2D and 3D
- Scalar, vector, and displacement fields
- Multiple input formats
- In PyCC mode; direct plotting of numpy arrays over DOLFIN meshes
- Can be used as standalone plotting application, or used as part of PyDOLFIN
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release provides some minor bug fixes for Viper. This will be the last Viper release since VTK-based plotting is now incorporated directly in DOLFIN 1.1.