Integrated Bioinformatics Tools
It works perfectly on Linux, Windows or Mac OS and requires only a few clicks to install.
- Main features:
- Multiple sequence alignment using MUSCLE 3 and MUSCLE 4;
- HMM profiles build and search, based on the source of HMMER 2 and HMMER 3;
- PCR Primers design using Primer 3;
- Protein secondary structure prediction using GOR IV and PSIPRED;
- Search for restriction enzymes and integration with REBASE;
- Extremely fast repeat finder;
- Search for transcription factor binding sites using SITECON;
- ORF finder;
- Complete Smith-Waterman algorithm implementation.
- User Interface:
- Visual and interactive genome browsing;
- Chromatograms visualization;
- 3D viewer for files in PDB and MMDB formats;
- Multiple sequence alignment editor;
- Easy to use workflow designer for custom computational workflows.
- High performance computing in UGENE
- Complete support of modern multicore processors and SSE instructions;
- Out of the box support of modern GPUs using NVIDIA CUDA and ATI Stream;
- Integrated solutions for Cell Broadband Engine;
- Private solutions for supercomputers and distributed computing.
- Can be used for education in schools and universities;
- Features to be included into the next release are initiated by users;
- UGENE team is ready for collaboration in related projects, both free or commercial.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The new release includes the long awaited DNA assembly functionality. Since now short read alignment can be performed with UGENE. Two methods are available:
- Genome aligner plugin, based on unique algorithm;
- Port of popular open-source tool Bowtie.