Suri Pluma is a satellite image processing tool and visualizer.
Suri Pluma project can open the most common image formats without importing to an internal format and minimizing the memory required for visualization.
It is designed to be modular and extensible. It has a meassurement tool (distance and areas with error estimation) and geographical and map coordinate information.
Designed with state of the art techniques and tools, it offers means to extract information in easy and intuitive ways, offering to the user quantitative and qualitative information immediatly, taking full profit of the different satellite sources.
It provides simplified access to the different data formats and exports to the most common and spreaded formats. It takes full advantage of the hardware resources, with very low minimal requirements.
The goal is to provide the user with a high quality software, bringing a simple tool for image processing and remote sensing.
Here are some key features of "Suri Pluma":
· Windows based single-document user interface (SDI) for more flexibility.
· Intuitive graphic user interface, making the tasks simple for both beginner and advanced users.
Input file formats
· Automatic opening of Fast Format images (including SAC-C and Landsat), Tiff and GeoTiff distribuited by CONAE, as well as the different formats used by GLCF and other propietary formats as the ENVI format. Also supports standard graphic formats like Jpg, Png and Bmp.
· Image type auto detect. There is no need to import for visualization the data with known formats.
· Direct access to the different data types without conversion.
· Immediate opening images independently from their size.
· Opening many images at once without memory overflow.
· Supports generic RAW binary format with manual definition of parameters.
· Area and distances measurement tools available.
· Planar coordinate and pixel value displaying in real-time.
· RGB color composite viewing capabilites.
· Grayscale viewing capabilites.
· Zoom In/Out capabilites using the wheel on the mouse.
· Flexible navigation using Scroll/Zoom windows.
· Linear and nonlinear contrast enhancement.
· Histogram equalization.
· Automatic recognition of georeferenced meta-data of the different formats, making possible the search of areas of interest by geographic coordinates.
· Exports to different image formats, making Suri compatible with other analysis tools. Available on Suri Pluma V1.1.
· Takes advantage of the hardware resources, making possible the visualization and analysis of big images in low-end hardware with great efficiency.
· Suri is developed in C++ in Linux and Windows environments simultaneously and distribuited in both systems.
What's New in This Release:
· A crash on Ubuntu Gutsy was fixed.
· wxWidgets was upgraded to 2.8.