Skylendar is a modern design astrology software for Linux and the KDE 3 desktop environment.
Here are some key features of "Skylendar":
· A Wheel Chart, displaying with up to 4 concentric rings.
· A Standard List Chart, that displays a text list of objects positions and speeds, aspects and mid-points tables.
· A Simple or Dual Aspects Scan List Chart, that displays a text list of the current towards natal or mutual aspects occuring during a given time span.
· Uses the high precision Swiss ephemeris library for computation. (Notice that the swiss ephemeris is NOT FREE for commercial use)
· Numerous planets, virtual planets, exotic objects, stars, aspects, and ayanamsa computing methods.
· Numerous parameters managed, such as orbs, orbs additions, aspects colors, etc...
· A SQL database interface for storing/retrieving the personal data and restrictions sets. (Actually PostgrSQL 7.2.x).
· Single, transiting, progressed and directed subcharts.
· Aspects table below the wheel chart.
· True multitasking chart computation. e.g. An animation can run while scanning for mutual aspects.
· KDE 3.x
· QT 3.x
· PostgreSQL 7.2.x or 8.x client and server, the plpgsql language plug-in, and probably the QT-PostgreSQL driver
· perl-xml-enno for the skif utility.
What's New in This Release:
· This version can be installed on Ubuntu 7.10.
· Various bugs were fixed.