View and upload map files, track and waypoint data to your Garmin GPS receiver.
Garmin's MapSource software is hardly the only reason for me to boot into Windows and it does not look like Garmin ever wants to address Linux users by writing a portable piece of software. So I started to help myself.
I found several tools like GPSBabel or sendmap to handle data for my GPS receiver but no tool to visualize and manage this data in a decent way. On my quest I found a specification of the used IMG format for maps at Sourceforge.
After some reading and toying around I considered this specification good enough to start a GUI project to visualize such files. QLandkarte is the result of this effort.
Please consider QLandkarte as software in it's pre-alpha stage. It's only usabilty is to view your maps and to upload them to the device. But it's already a perfect platform to add your own ideas on how a decent GIS software for your GPS receiver has to look like.
- Supporting Garmin's GPSmap 60CSx unit. For other USB bus units you have to get involved.
- Import map collections (needs *.tdb file, basemap and map tiles)
- Display maps (polygons and polylines, only)
- Select and upload maps to device
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.7.3
- save main window size to configuration
- add support for Etrex Euro
- add support for Quest Sys
- add support for yellow eTrex