MSGNative is a Python library that provides access to the data and metadata from Meteosat Second Generation (MSG) Level 1.5 Native Format files.
MSGNative is distributed under GPL Open Source license and can be easily extended and customized.
Here are some key features of "MSGNative":
· Extract values from any channel
· Access any metadata record from the header or trailer
· Perform high-level region queries
· Return data as original pixel values or in calibrated physical units
· Convert between grid and geographic coordinates