KBib is a BibTex management program for KDE (Similar to KBibTex).
Features include import from RIS/ISI/Endnote files, export to Endnote/RIS files, automatically generate citation keys, check and correct duplicated citation keys, check and remove duplicated references, cite references into Lyx/Kile.
- Add/edit/remove references
- Support copy/paste/drag-drop of references (BibTex entries can be copied/pasted or dragged/dropped from another Kbib window or a text editor into KBib and vice versus)
- Create new reference from plain text
- Find/remove duplicated references
- Generate citation key automatically
- Check/correct duplicated citation keys
- Lock/unlock citation keys (to prevent unwanted change of citation keys)
- Sort references
- Search references(fairly simple)
- Cite selected references into Lyx/Kile (using Lyx pipe)
- Support string macros
- Import references from Bibtex/RIS/ISI/Endnote/COPAC/MODS XML/PubMed XML/Endnote exported Bibtex (without citation key) files
- Export to RIS/Endnote/MODS XML/HTML files
- Search references from Z39.50 servers, SRU servers and Pubmed server.
- Download references from remote reference database (opened with Konqueror, Firefox), such as IEEEXplore, ScienceDirect (RIS format), Web of Science (ISI format) into KBib (seescreenshot)
- Save selected references into a new file
- Maintain a list of existing authors/journals/keywords in the current document
- Support user defined reference types
- Add/Delete/Edit reference types
- Allow different view modes (view all/by reference type/selected references/unselected references)
- Group references by various properties. References can be grouped by Reference type/Author/Editor/Journal/Keywords. Group view can be disabled.
- Allow flexible displayed fields
- Generate bibliography from selected references
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New remote database searchers: OpticsInfoBase, ScienceDirect and MathSciNet
- Fixed Google Scholar and IEEEXplore searchers
- Updated DOI download to work with new authentication method in Crossref
- Minor UI tweaks