The easy-to-use and educational HuLiS application, was developed as an easy-to-use application that allows you to study the Huckel theory and mesomery.
Being developed in the Java programming language, HuLiS can be accessed and used from a variety of platforms such as Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· a clean up button so the molecule looks nicer.
· a compatibility with C. Landis and F. Weinhold NBO-NRT method (Natural Bond Orbital Natural Resonance Theory) as embedded in the Gaussian software.
· the capability to read xyz coordinates (.xyz files) and simple gaussian (.com) inputs (gaussian can include with NBO - NRT strings)
· a significant increase of the speed for Lewis structures weight calculation (about 100 times faster for large systems)
· the possibility to user-define generic Xx atoms (number of neighbor + change the h_x and h_xy integrals)
· a better orbital drawing
· atoms symbol can be used for drawing
· the preference menu is improved (choose : circles and/or atoms representation for drawing, orbitals proportion, number of digit for energies and/or orbitals)
· extended event log for bug tracking.
· buttons + menu are a bit reshaped
· compatibility issue with firefox and Mac OS 10.6+ has been fixed
· generate all Lewis structure is now displayed by default