DWSIM Mono Edition is an open-source and easy to use chemical process simulator written in Mono designed with advanced thermodynamic calculations, petroleum characterization and hypothetical components utilities, accessible through a fully-featured graphical user interface.
This special build of DWSIM is targeted for the Mono Platform (2.8 and 2.10 tested, 2.6.7 *might* work). Mono is an open source, cross-platform implementation of the Common Language Runtime (CLR) that is binary compatible with Microsoft.NET.
Although Mono can be installed on a multitude of host operating systems, DWSIM requires support for the Windows Forms Graphical User Interface (GUI), which is present only in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X versions of the Mono Runtime. Since this edition is targeted for Linux and OS X and somewhat less feature-packed than the regular 'native' .NET edition, there is no point on running it on Windows (either using Mono or the .NET Framework), but nothing stops you from doing so.
Here are some key features of "DWSIM Mono Edition":
· Thermodynamic Models: Peng-Robinson, Peng-Robinson with Volume Translation, Soave-Redlich-Kwong, Lee-Kesler, UNIFAC, Modified UNIFAC (Dortmund), UNIQUAC, NRTL, Chao-Seader, Grayson-Streed and Ideal Gas.
· Unit Operations: Mixer, Splitter, Separator, Pump, Compressor, Expander, Heater, Cooler, Valve, Pipe Segment, Shortcut Column, Heat Exchanger, Conversion Reactor, Equilibrium Reactor, PFR, CSTR, Distillation Column, Simple, Refluxed and Reboiled Absorbers.
DWSIM also provides special information about the simulation and different means of inputting user data through Utilities and Tools:
· Utilities: Phase Envelope, Hydrate Calculations, Pure Component Properties, True Critical Point, PSV Sizing, Vessel Sizing, Spreadsheet and Petroleum Cold Flow Properties
· Tools: Hypothetical Component Generator, Bulk C7+/Distillation Curves Petroleum Characterization, Reactions Manager and User Component Creator
· Process Analysis and Optimization: Sensitivity Analysis Utility, Multivariate Optimizer with bound constraints.
· Mono Project
The following features are absent from the Mono Edition for compatibility reasons:
· Object List
· Help Window
· Console Window
· Calculation Queue Window
· Report Tool
Known limitations of the Mono Edition:
· Files saved with DWSIM running on .NET runtime cannot be loaded when running it on Mono (files saved when running on .NET can be opened when running DWSIM on both runtimes, though).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [FIX] More fixes and enhancements to the flash algorithms
· [FIX] Fixed MODFAC Property Package configuration window
· [FIX] Fixed Zc/Vc calculation for pseudocomponents