Bumblebee Instrument Management System 1.0.6
Bumblebee is a system for managing instruments and other resources.
Bumblebee is designed to be more efficient than a calendar on the wall or a whiteboard for both users and administrators. Bumblebee is also able to generate reports of resource usage with breakdowns by user, research group and research project. (more »)
Bumblebee is highly configurable, with the operational parameters (such as the timeslots that it is available) configurable for each instrument. The permissions of each user and the rate charged for each project can also be individually configured. Usage reports and invoices can also be generated in a variety of formats including CSV and PDF.
Here are some key features of "Bumblebee Instrument Management System":
· can use both RADIUS and LDAP authentication permitting integration with central sign-on infrastructure
· users are able to view the booking sheets in a calendar format for a month or a single day
· users are only able to view booking data for the instruments they are permitted to use.
· users can make bookings or alter their own bookings.
· instrument administrators are able to modify anyone's bookings on an instrument and make bookings on behalf of other users.
· the use of consumables can also be recorded within the system
· the business logic for instrument billing is designed specifically for collaborative research in an academic environment including classes of user (e.g. internal, external users) and splitting usage costs between different research groups.
· system administrators are able to create new instruments, users, billing categories, etc
· data for bookings and consumable use can be exported in a variety of formats (CSV, tab delimited, HTML or PDF)
· various views and summaries of the booking and consumabe data are also available in the above formats (e.g. summary of all instruments used by a research group; summary of all users of an instrument)
· presentation of data and the business logic of the application are separated through the use of templates and CSS
What's New in 1.1.3 Development Release:
· i18n: relax default valid-user-regexp to make life easier for non-English speaking users
· i18n: use UTF-8 encoding when talking to MySQL
· feature: enforce the username validity test when creating new users
· feature: reworked installer (much easier to understand)
· feature: upgrade script to manage database changes
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes minor enhancements to the user interface, along with improvements to sending email under Win32.
· Like all 1.0.x versions, it is not compatible with PHP 5.
Bumblebee Instrument Management System
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!