SkyViewer is an OpenGL-based program written by Nicholas Phillips to display HEALPix-based sky maps from FITS format files.
The program will display sky maps on a 3D sphere or a 2D Mollweide projection. Real time panning and zooming are supported, as are rotations of the 3D sphere (if you have a fast graphics card).
The program was developed and tested in a Red Hat Linux environment, but it should also build under Windows and Max OSX.
Here are some key features of "SkyViewer":
· 3D sphere or 2D Mollweide display
· View Temperature, Polarization or Nobs fields
· Real time rotation, zooming, and panning
· Retrieve pixel information from the display
· Adjustable mapping from pixel value to color
· Save screen shots to image file
· Pixel texture aligns with HEALPix pixel boundaries
· Contextual help
· OS agnostic
· Qt, >= v3.1.2
· CFITSIO, A FITS File Subroutine Library, >= v2.440
· HEALPix, >= v1.20
· libQGLViewer, >= v1.3.8