QuteMol is an open source, interactive, high quality molecular visualization system.
QuteMol visualization techniques are aimed at improving clarity and an easier understanding of the 3D shape and structure of large molecules or complex proteins.
Here are some key features of "QuteMol":
· Real Time Ambient Occlusion
· Depth Aware Silhouette Enhancement
· Ball and Sticks, Space-Fill and Liquorice visualization modes
· High resolution antialiased snapshots for creating publication quality renderings
· Interactive rendering of large molecules and protein (100k atoms)
· Standard PDB input
QuteMol was developed by Marco Tarini and Paolo Cignoni of the Visual Computing Lab at ISTI - CNR.
What's New in This Release:
· Major stable release.
· Color per chain selectable. (rather then per atom). Random color schemas can be cycled.
· Export of GIF animation Is is now possible to export GIF animations featuring the current model under inspections (useful for websites)
· Progress bar shown during any long processing task (which can be cancelled)!
· Various minor speed improvements
· Save snapshot dialog to change the resolution of the fly
· Link to Qutemol webpage fixed (now using wxWidgets v. 8.0)
· Fixed a bug that prevented some 2-letter atoms to be correctly understood
· Fixed the clipping plane bug (large molecules where shown as if cut in half)
· Various minor fixes