PloneWorldKit project is an out-of-the-box GIS for the Web.
PloneWorldKit is a mapping solution for ZOPE Plone.
It is built around the worldkit engine and makes annotating fairly easy.
worldKit is an easy to use and flexible mapping application for the Web (a lightweight GIS). It's a SWF-based app, configured by XML, and with data fed by RSS.
Here are some key features of "PloneWorldKit":
· Ubiquitous use in the Flash Player and with RSS feeds.
· Highly configurable look and feel. Can use images for marking annotations.
· Integrates with weblogging tools, and any software producing RSS.
· Annotations updated in the background, live.
· Displays photos within the map.
· Zoom & Pan. Integrates with Zoomify for high resolution images.
· Accepts input for Collaborative Cartography.
· Connects annotations for GPS track routes.
· ntegration of worldKit as a content type (Map)
· Complete TTW (Through The Web) configuration of worldKit attributes
· ZCatalog based XML and RSS generation (config.xml, rss.xml)
· 3 annotation content types (Node, Line, Polygon)
· Base classes for content type developers
· Categorization of annotations TTW
· Time Navigation out of the box using "modified" index
· Plone >= 2.0.5
· Archetypes >= 1.3.0
· ATColorPickerWidget >= 0.1