Osprey provides a peer-to-peer enabled content distribution system.
It is a metadata management system for software and document collections which enables local and distributed searching of materials. Items are available for download directly via an URL or indirectly via the BitTorrent peer-to-peer protocol.
Two components exist: the Osprey Web application and permaseed (permanent seed). The Web application includes metadata management for finding and exploring available content, as well as a BitTorrent tracker.
Here are some key features of "Osprey":
· BitTorrent application suitable for large-scale content providers
· Permanent seeding; a stable and reliable delivery mechanism
· Standards-compliant metadata for flexible, rich descriptive information
· Distributed search function for searching across multiple Osprey-driven sites
· RSS feeds
· Designed for load-balancing, caching, and high availability in an enterprise environment
What's New in This Release:
· Add popular torrents list to main page
· Bug fixes