Mondrian is a general purpose statistical data-visualization system. It features outstanding visualization techniques for data of almost any kind, and has its particular strength compared to other tools when working with Geographical Data, Categorical Data and LARGE Data.
All plots in Mondrian are fully linked, and offer various interactions and queries. Any case selected in a plot in Mondrian is highlighted in all other plots.
Currently implemented plots comprise Mosaic Plot, Scatterplots and SPLOM, Maps, Barcharts, Histograms, Missing Value Plot, Parallel Coordinates/Boxplots and Boxplots y by x.
Mondrian works with data in standard tab-delimited ASCII files. There is basic support for working directly on data in Databases (please contact me for further info).
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The scatterplotsmoother now includes "principle curves", which are one of the nonlinear generalizations of principal components. All smoothers can be plotted for subgroups, which have a color assigned, "smoother by colors".
· The color scheme has been refined once again, to make use of colors as efficiently as possible. The use of alpha-transparency is now consistent between scatterplots and parallel coordinate plots.
· New Transformations: columnwise minimum and maximum. Sorting of levels is now stable, i.e. levels which have the same value for an ordering criterion will keep their previous order.
· The Reference Card speaks Windows now, i.e., Windows users no longer need to translate keyboard shortcuts from the Mac world.
· (Filed bugs fixed since last release: 19, 64, 82, 104, 150, 153, 155, 160, 161, 185, 186)