MeshLab is an extendible system for the user assisted processing of unstructured 3D triangular meshes.
The system is aimed to help the processing of the typical not-so-small unstructured models arising in 3D scanning, providing a set of tools for cleaning and healing this kind of meshes.
The system is heavily based on the VCG library developed at the Visual Computing Lab of ISTI - CNR, for all the core mesh processing task.
The Meshlab system started as a part of the FGT course of the Computer Science department of University of Pisa.
Here are some key features of "MeshLab":
· Input/output in many formats (PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ)
· Extendible plugins based architecture, writing new mesh processing functions, colorization filters and support for different file formats is quite easy.
· Cleaning Filters
· Removal of duplicated, unreferenced vertices, null faces
· Subdivision filters (loop and butterfly)
· Opengl Shader based rendering
· Large snapshot for hi quality printing
· Various Colorization Filters
· Gaussian curvature
· Border edges
· Non two-manifold faces
· Mozilla Firefox
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a major release that introduces many new important features. Notably, the management of point clouds was significantly improved.
· Import from photosynth datasets has been added, together with unified management of raster data.