Kpl is a program for the KDE project (K Desktop Environment). Kpl's purpose is the two- and three-dimensional graphical presentation of data sets and functions.
Multidimensional nonlinear parameter fits of functions to data sets can be performed using the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm. Also general linear least square parameter fits are possible.
A DCOP interface can be used to control Kpl by other applications and scripts.
All settings necessary for a complete description of the presentation can be saved in plot files. These files as well as data files may be chosen by command line parameters, using the File menu, or by drag and drop.
Automatic scaling and normalization allow the easy graphical presentation of data. Also parameter fits can be performed automatically.
The settings of a presentation may be changed using the Edit menu. Here also additional data sets and functions can be included which can be displayed in the same as well as in different data windows.
Currently language support is given for english and german.
Kpl is free software, released under the GNU General Public License.
What's New in This Release:
· Multiple spline items can be fitted simultaneously to the same array item.
· Colored symbol pixmaps are displayed in item list.
· Text of legend and text items is displayed in item list.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Greek and French i18n translations added, big thanks to Dimitrios Glentadakis
· For Russian translation big thanks goes to Alexander Potashev
· centering of names of planets and the Sun (due to different length in different languages)
· using translation context for the "Sun", now it should be translated correctly ("Fuzzy")
· changes in .po/.pot creation scripts to handle context function i18nc()
· .mo files automatically installed in ~/.kde4/share/locale directory
· removed "Form" from translation files (thanks to Alexander Potashev for suggestion)