Gabedit is a Graphical User Interface to Gaussian, Molcas, Molpro and MPQC computational chemistry packages.
Gabedit includes graphical facilities for generating keywords and options, molecule specifications and ther input sections for even the most advanced calculation types Gabedit includes an advanced Molecule Builder.
You can use it to rapidly sketch in molecules and examine them in three dimensions. You can build molecules by atom, ring, group, amino acid and nucleoside. You can also read geometry from a file. Most major molecular file formats are supported.
Gabedit includes a Gaussian, Molcas, Molpro and MPQC Calculation Setup window which allows you to set up Gaussian, Molcas, Molpro and MPQC jobs in a simple and straightforward manner.
Gabedit includes a text editor for editing Molcas, Molpro, Gaussian and MPQC input files.
Gabedit can graphically display a variety of Gaussian, Molcas, Molpro, MPQC and (partially) ADF calculation results, including the following:
· Molecular orbitals.
· Surfaces from the electron density, electrostatic potential, NMR shielding density, and other properties.
· Surfaces may be displayed in solid, translucent and wire mesh modes.
· Surfaces can be colored by a separate property.
· Contours (colorcoded).
· Planes (colorcoded).
· XYZ axes and the principal axes of the molecule.
· Animation of the normal modes corresponding to vibrational frequencies.
· Animation of the rotation of geometry, surface, dipole, xyz and the principal axes of the molecule.
· Animation of contours.
· Animation of colorcoded planes.
Gabedit can display IR and Raman computed spectra. Gabedit can generate a povray file for geometry (atoms + bonds, including hydrogen's bond), surfaces (including colorcoded surfaces), contours, colorcoded planes.
Gabedit can save picture in PPM, BMP , (JPEG) and PS format. Gabedit can generate automatically a series of pictures for animation (vibration, geometry convergence, rotation, contours, colorcoded planes)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Minor bugs have been fixed.
· NWChem is now supported.
· The native Windows games is now supported.