REMITT is Electronic Medical Information Translation and Transmission.
REMITT is a revolutionary medical information translation and transmission system, which is primarily used for preparing and submitting medical billing data.
REMITT works independent of any specific electronic medical record (EMR) or practice management (PM) system, and can interface with any EMR or PM system which implements its application programming interface (API). The first system to do so has been FreeMED.
Currently Supported Formats
- ANSI NSF X12 837 Professional
Currently Supported Output Types
- PDF Document (with optional overlaying)
- PRN File
- X12 Message
- FreeClaims.com Direct Submission
- GatewayEDI.com Direct Submission
The name REMITT is a recursive acronym.
- perl(Net::Jabber) >= 1.0021
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Rewrite of previous versions of the software as a J2EE application.
· Adds functionality including: a SOAP/REST interface, unit testing, a Web-based configuration interface, support for insurance eligibility testing capabilities for clearinghouses, X12 835 remittance processing, support for remittance “callbacks” to EMR/PM systems, and a self-patching/maintaining database system. (All newer versions of FreeMED (0.9.x) require this version of REMITT to have billing functionality.)