Molecular Workbench 1.3
Molecular Workbench project is a piece of free, open-source modeling software specifically designed for use in education.
Many abstract concepts in physics, chemistry and biology can be dynamically visualized, and virtual experiments based on molecular simulations can be designed, limited only to your imagination.
The MW software consists of:
· a set of model builders, simulators and their associated scripting environments.
· a word processor for creating hypertext.
· an authoring system for constructing your own graphical user interfaces for your own simulations.
· an embedded-assessment system that allows you to design your own questions and collects student data.
· a special browser for you to deliver and for the users to access stuff created using the above sub-systems.
· Web services for collaboration among authors, students and teachers.
All these sub-systems are seamlessly integrated behind an easy-to-use graphical user interface. The customizability of models through the authoring system allows you to design user interfaces appropriate to your audience, without having to get them involved in the complexity of the modeling engines.