Aeskulap is a medical image viewer.
Additionally Aeskulap is able to query and fetch DICOM images from archive nodes (also called PACS) over the network.
The goal of this project is to create a full open source replacement for commercially available DICOM viewers.
Aeskulap is based on gtkmm, glademm and gconfmm and designed to run under Linux. Ports of these packages are available for different platforms. It should be quite easy to port Aeskulap to any platform were these packages are available.
Here are some key features of "Aeskuap":
· Supports compressed (lossless, lossy), uncompressed and multiframe DICOM images.
· C-Find support (query archive nodes).
· C-Move (query / retrieve) support.
· Proper display support for Rescale / Intercept tags.
· Handles color images.
· Easy mouse navigation (all operations like windowlevels, pan, zoom, scroll are handled with one hand).
· Realtime image manipulation (even in looping animations).
· Renders reference images (3D projection of selected images) in all suitable views.
· Browse & open local images.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for lossy image compression was added.
· User-defined window-level presets can now be defined.
· Some major bugs have been fixed.