AMIDE is a competely free tool for viewing, analyzing, and registering volumetric medical imaging data sets. It's been written on top of GTK+ , and runs on any system that supports this toolkit (Linux, Mac OS X (with fink), Windows, etc.).
Here are some key features of "AMIDE":
· Abitrary orientation, thickness, and time period slice viewing of a data set.
· Multiple data sets can be loaded and viewed at once, with either linked or fused views. Each data set can be viewed from any orientation. Fusing can be done by blending or overlay.
· Nearest Neighbor and Trilinear interpolation functions
· The following colormaps are supported: Black/White,White/Black,Red/Green/Blue Temperature, Hot Metal/Blue/Green, Spectrum, NIH/UCLA
· Thresholding: data sets are thresholded independently. Data sets can be thresholded over the entire data set or over each slice.
· 3-dimensional ROI's can be drawn directly on the images and statistics can be generated for these ROI's. Currently supported ROI's are ellipsoids, elliptic cylinder's, boxes, and isocontours.
· Imports raw data files (8bit,16bit,32bit,float,etc). Also imports Acr/Nema 2.0, Analyze (SPM), DICOM 3.0, InterFile3.3, ECAT 6/7, and Gif87a/89a (using the (X)medcon/libmdc).
· Imports most clinical DICOM files (using the DCMTK library).
· Allows cropping and clearing regions of data sets.
· Anisotropic filtering wizard. Current filters: Gaussian, 1D Median, and 3D Median
· Saves studies (ROI and Data Set data) as XML data.
· Series of slices can be viewed.
· Fly through movies can be generated as MPEG1 files
· True volume rendering support with the capability of rendering multiple data sets at a time. Series of renderings can be saved as MPEG1 movies. Data sets can also be rendered as stereoscopic image pairs
· Alignment of data sets is supported using fiducial markers. This is done by placing fiducial reference points on the data sets to be aligned, and then running an alignment wizard to perform a rigid body transformation (procrustes method).
· A profile tool is included that can calculate gaussian fits and FWHM's of the generated line profiles. Profiles can also be saved for external use.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added MIP and MINIP rendering methods for thick slices
· mac bundle now is able to export JPEG images
· will now separate diffusion data into two volumes
· enabled scrollwheel use on canvases
· widend the tree box
· mutual information alignment now handles negative values
· cleaned up spec file
· zh_TW translation file
· fixed several bugs related to translations
· thickness now not overwritten when loading in .xif
· try to read in DICOMDIR files with lower/upper case reference issues
· canvas slice cache size now fixed, was getting too large if multiple datasets
· nearest neighbor/trilinear algorithm now more graceful at data set edges
· POINT_TO_VOXEL macro now casts instead of floor, slight speed boost for slicing
· configure fix to us LIBS instead of LDFLAGS for dcmtk detection