mdz is a Mandelbrot-Set image generator which can use arbitrary precision maths to zoom into those really really deep corners.
mdz focuses upon exploration into really deep areas of the Mandelbrot-Set, and without fanciful distractions. It uses the MPFR maths precision library to zoom really deep!
· MPFR and GMP maths libraries
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New fractal types Burning Ship, Generalized Celtic, and Variant, each with Mandelbrot and Julia versions.
· Multi-precision maths now use GMP for faster rendering, but MPFR is still available via the Correct Rounding option.
· The randomize button is always visible in the colours dialog.
· The palette offset setting in MDZ files is no longer ignored. Image dimensions, anti-aliasing, and thread count are not lost in new instances created by the duplicate and zoom-in-new-window menu commands.
· Loading of an MDZ settings file no longer resets anti-aliasing.
· Problems with older versions of MPFR have been fixed.