A symbolic manipulation package
Sympy's aim is to become a full featured CAS in Python, while the code is kept as simple as possible so it can be easily extensible and comprehensible.
- basic arithmetics *,/,+,-
- basic simplification (like a*b*b + 2*b*a*b -> 3*a*b^2)
- expansion (like (a+b)^2 -> a^2 + 2*a*b + b^2)
- functions (exp, ln, sin, cos, tan, ...)
- complex numbers (like exp(I*x).evalc() -> cos(x)+I*sin(x))
- taylor series
- basic substitution (like x-> ln(x))
- arbitrary precision integers and rationals
- standard (python) floats
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- SymPy now supports Python 3 and PyPy.
- This release also includes major new features in combinatorics, definite integration, random variables, matrix expressions, sets, classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, commutative algebra, plotting, and differential geometry.
- There were also hundreds of bugfixes throughout the entire code base.