Qalculate! is a multi-purpose desktop calculator for GNU/Linux.
Features include customizable functions, units, arbitrary precision, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (KDE or GTK+).
Here are some key features of "Qalculate":
· Redesigned GUI with history view in the main window
· Display of as-you-type expression parsing and function hints
· Enhanced completion
· Scaling of result display to vertically fit the window
· Nicer history listing
· Enhanced result display with much nicer parentheses
· Meta modes
· 67 new units: bel (B) and neper (Np), information units such as bit and byte, many convenience units (km/h, deciliter, etc), and more.
· Binary prefixes
· Some new variables and functions
· Fixed help display in new yelp
· Fixed compile with cln-1.1.10
· Fixed regressions in simplification
· Fixed f(x) return type analysis (ex. log(x) represents a real number if x represents a positive). This was by accident unused.
· ...and many more bug fixes and enhancements...
What's New in This Release:
· Use Lambert W to solve more equations and avoid infinite loop when solving some equations
· More data on elements
· Fix simplification of (1-1/x)^3 and similar
· Fix clumsy mistakes in with prefixes leading to crashes
· Fix parsing of unit expressions (when converting) such as W/(m K)
· Add more exact values for sin() and cos() and avoid floating point underflow by, in approximate mode, checking against the value of pi
· Always input decimal separator sign on keypad separator press
· New units: typographic units, pouce, pied du roi, grams of TNT and tons of TNT
· New functions: lambertW(), addDays(), addMonths(), addYear(), addTime(), isNumber(), isReal(), isRational(), isInteger(), representsNumber(), representsReal(), representsRational(), representsInteger()
· New variable: omega constant
· Other minor fixes and enhancements
our in-depth analysis