The Genius project is an open source calculator application similar in some aspects to BC, Matlab or Maple.
GEL is the name of its extention language.
· GMP compiler
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add SurfacePlotData and SurfacePlotDataGrid functions to draw arbitrary surface data, to allow more complicated 3d plots and 3d plots from data.
· Add LinePlotDrawAxisLabels and SurfacePlotDrawLegends parameters and add corresponding UI checkboxes
· Add ExportPlot function to export the current contents of the plot window to a file from GEL
· Surface plot now allows "fit dependent axis" automatically when z limits are unspecified. And this is the default in the UI
· Add sinc, BesselJ0, BesselJ1, BesselJn, BesselY0, BesselY1, BesselYn functions
· Plot window slightly bigger (700x500 now) and there are wider side margins in the lineplot (2D) version to make tick labels always fit,
· In both 2D and 3D plots, tick labels now use scientific notation when needed to avoid ugly labels
· In surface plot the gradient always shows only the range of the function, so color is more useful when zoomed out.
· Simpler output when typing "help foo" when foo is neither defined nor documented.
· When for/sum/prod loops are in terms of floating point numbers and the final number is within 2^-20 times the step size of the goal, assume there were roundoff errors and still execute the body
· Handle wider matrices than 2^15 columns in expansion
· Fix flicker when plotting surfaces to allow animations with 3d plots
· Fix possible uninitialized crash when reading badly formed standard library (should never happen, but ...)
· Fix LinearRecursiveSequence and allow it to take vector for n
· Fix crash on uninitialized variables in conjugate transpose
· Fix crash on extreme zoom out or zoom in of a graph
· Fix derivatives of Im and Re
· Fix file chooser dialogs not starting in current directory
· Avoid double error about uninitialized variables
· Spelling fixes and documentation fixes (me, LucPionchon)
· Require MPFR at least 2.3.0
· Translation updates (Wolfgang Stoeggl, Daniel Mustieles, Matej UrbanÄiÄ, Marek ÄŒernockÃ½, Aleksej Kabanov, Andika Triwidada, Yuri Myasoedov, Miguel Rodriguez, Jiro Matsuzawa, Gustavo Jasso Ahuja, Bruno Brouard)
· During making of these changes the author (Jiri) was partially supported by NSF grant DMS 0900885 and the University of Wisconsin-Madison