FreeMat is a free environment for rapid engineering and scientific prototyping and data processing. FreeMat project is similar to commercial systems such as MATLAB from Mathworks, and IDL from Research Systems, but is Open Source.
FreeMat includes several novel features such as a codeless interface to external C/C++/FORTRAN code, parallel/distributed algorithm development (via MPI), and plotting and visualization capabilities.
FreeMat is available under an MIT-type license. Supported platforms include Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
What's New in This Release:
· An ODE45 solver was added.
· SVG support was added for exporting figures.
· A "recent files" feature was added to the editor.
· Keyboard shortcuts were added to the editor and main application menus.
· A quiver plots execute-selected-text button was added.
· A directory-change tool was added to the main toolbar.
· Complex numbers can be displayed.
· The behavior of the editor when opening and saving (new) files was improved.