FEniCS is a free application for automated solution of differential equations. We provide software tools for working with computational meshes, finite element variational formulations of PDEs, ODE solvers and linear algebra.
FEniCS is organized as a collection of projects/components, which may be categorized into core components (libraries and interfaces) and applications (application-oriented codes and solvers).
* DOLFIN, a C++/Python library for solving differential equations
* FErari, optimizations for evaluation of variational forms
* FFC, a compiler for finite element variational forms
* FIAT, tabulation of finite element function spaces
* Instant, simple inlining of C/C++ code in Python
* Puffin, simple finite element solver for Octave/MATLAB
* SyFi, finite element engine based on symbolic mathematics
* UFC, a unified code generation interface for form-compilers
* UFL, a unified form language for form-compilers with automatic differentiation
* Viper, minimalistic scientific plotter and run-time visualization module
Applications (FEniCS Apps)
* ASCoT, a Python module for automated stability condition testing
* CBC.Solve, a collection of biomedical solvers
* DiffSim, a library for solving coupled stochastic and deterministic problems
* Dolfin-grade2, a library for solving non-Newtonian fluid problems
* DOLFWAVE, a library for surface water waves problems
* FEniCS Plasticity, a library for standard plasticity
* TriTetMesh, a C++ and Python library for generating high quality DOLFIN meshes
* Unicorn, a unified continuum mechanics solver
The vision of FEniCS is to set a new standard in Computational Mathematical Modeling (CMM), which is the Automation of CMM (ACMM), towards the goals of generality, efficiency, and simplicity, concerning mathematical methodology, implementation, and application.
Computational Mathematical Modeling is the modern manifestation of the basic principle of science: formulating mathematical equations (modeling) and solving equations (computation), with the equations usually taking the form of differential/integral equations.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version includes DOLFIN 1.0.0, FFC 1.0.0, FIAT 1.0.0, Instant 1.0.0, UFC 2.0.5, UFL 1.0.0, and Viper 1.0.0.