EngLab is a cross-compile mathematical platform with a C like syntax intended to be used both by engineers and users with little programming knowledge.
EngLab supports programming through small script files but also enables users to easily compile their own functions as shared objects and use them through the program's main interface.
EngLab GUI is a graphical user interface for the EngLab mathematical platform. Through a very convenient IDE, users can view and edit multidimensional variables, edit configuration files, access command history, edit .eng files, etc.
The simplest way to compile this package is:
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `./configure' to configure the package for your system. If you're using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute `configure' itself.
Running `configure' takes awhile. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Optionally, type `make check' to run any self-tests that come with the package.
4. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation.
5. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean'. To also remove the files that `configure' created (so you can compile the package for a different kind of computer), type `make distclean'. There is also a `make maintainer-clean' target, but that is intended mainly for the package's developers. If you use it, you may have to get all sorts of other programs in order to regenerate files that came with the distribution.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds a literal type of variable in the variable tree, more menu bar options, syntax checking in the EngLab editor, a tempimage box (image preview), and a working directory box. It changes compatibility with wxWidgets 2.6, changes icons, implements mouse functions in recent files and the working directory, and removes the System Info box.