WW2D is cross-platform port of NASA WorldWind application.
In basic configuration WW2D uses images from Blue Marble (1 km/pixel), LandSat7 (15 m/pixel), USGS Topo Maps, USGS Digital Ortho imagery, USGS Urban Area imagery.
WW2D is designed to dynamically download needed data from internet, however you can download data you want for faster access and offline usage.
Here are some key features of "WW2D":
· Cross-platform code
· BlueMarble, LandSat 7, USGS imagery
· World, US, Canadian, Norwegian, Swedish boundaries
· Large Placenames database
· Search and Quicksearch
· Semi-transparent layers
· Support for worldwind:// links
· Partial support for WorldWind data (conversion needed)
What's New in This Release:
· I fixed bug with downloading images , please update to avoid segfaults.