WW2D is cross-platform, free and open-source version of NASA World Wind software, see http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov for details. WW2D allows you to explore Earth using satellite imagery, topographic maps and image from other data sources also providing large placenames and boundaries database and allowing you to install additional data packs for even more information about our planet.
In basic configuration WW2D uses images from Blue Marble (1 km/pixel), LandSat7 (15 m/pixel), USGS Topo Maps, USGS Digital Ortho imagery, USGS Urban Area imagery.
WW2D is designed to dynamically download needed data from internet, however you can download data you want for faster access and offline usage.
Here are some key features of "WW2D":
· Cross-platform code
· BlueMarble, LandSat 7, USGS imagery
· World, US, Canadian, Norwegian, Swedish boundaries
· Large Placenames database
· Search and Quicksearch
· Semi-transparent layers
· Support for worldwind:// links
· Partial support for WorldWind data (conversion needed)
What's New in This Release:
· I fixed bug with downloading images , please update to avoid segfaults.