OpenGTS (Open GPS Tracking System) was spawned from the need for a simple web-based platform that can provide GPS tracking for entry-level commercial enterprises, and demonstration environments, however OpenGTS is highly configurable and scalable to large
OpenGTS not only supports the data collection and storage of GPS Tracking and Telemetry data from remove devices, but also includes full-featured web-based authentication and GPS mapping support.
Here are some key features of "OpenGTS":
· Web-based authentication: Users can log-in and view their own Account and Device information.
· Customizable web-page decorations: The top, bottom, and sides of each web-page can easily be customized to fit a specific motif.
· Customizable menu options: Customized menu options can be made available for specific requirements.
· Customizable mapping service: OpenGTS comes installed with a working Google Maps interface, however, other mapping service provides can easily be integrated with minimal effort.
· GPS tracking device independent: While some coding will be necessary, OpenGTS can be integrated to work with any available remote GPS tracking device.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version includes support for most TK102/TK103 GPS tracking devices.
· It has an updated JSON API in "events.war".
· It adds Unicode character encoding to address and other text displayed on maps.
· It has an updated Spanish language translation.
· There are various bugfixes.