OSSIM provides advanced geo-spatial processing capabilities through a state of the art C++ software library.
OSSIM is a high performance software system for remote sensing, image processing , geographical information systems and photogrammetry. It is an open source software project maintained at www.ossim.org and has been under active development since 1996. The lead developers for the project have years of experience in commercial and government remote sensing systems and applications. OSSIM has been funded by several US government agencies in the intelligence and defense community and the technology is currently deployed in research and operational sites. The name OSSIM is a contrived acronym (Open Source Software Image Map) that is pronounced "awesome" � the acronym was established by our first government customer.
Designed as a series of high performance software libraries it is written in C++ employing the latest techniques in object oriented software design. A number of command line utilities, GUI tools and applications, and integrated systems have been implemented with the baseline. Many of those tools and applications are included with the software releases.
- Parallel processing capabilities with mpi libraries
- Rigorous sensor modeling
- Universal Sensor Models (RPCs)
- Wide range of Map Projections and Datums supported
- Non-destructive, parameter based image chains
- Native file access
- Precision Terrain correction and orthorectification
- Advanced Mosaicing, compositing, and fusions
- Elevation support
- Vector and shapelib support
- Projection and resolution independent
- Equation editors
- Histogram matching and tonal balancing