A .Net mapping framework
Cumberland is a framework for mapping written in the C# programming language. It also includes a set of mapping tools that may be useful for people besides .NET developers.
- a geometry/shape API
- a map xml format and serialization API
- a map rendering engine
- supports the following data sources: Shapefiles (include reading .DBFs); PostGIS; SQL Server 2008
- a pluggable architecture for adding third-party support for other data sources
- coordinate system transformation / Projection (via Proj.4)
- basic symbology, including labelling and thematic mapping
- a tile provider class for generating tiles for popular web mapping applications: Google Maps, VirtualEarth, Tile Map Service (TMS) - for use in OpenLayers
- runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX.
- export map to KML API
- OGC Standards: subset WellKnownText (WKT) parser/writer; subset WellKnownBinary (WKB) parser
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!